Coda File System

more on the pre-alpha release

From: Peter Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 18:18:30 -0400 (EDT)
I have received many very useful messages about this pre release.  Thanks
to all, for your interest and help.

Problems:
=========

1. the server is missing the file /usr/sbin/pcfgen.  This causes a failure
in the server-setup script and a subsequent crash when you start srv.

Solution:
A new rpm with that program included is in
ftp://ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda-linux

2. a variety of things causes a crash somewhat too easily, we are
investigating.

Test server:
============

A test server will be made available within a few days. Everyone is
invited to connect to it and play around.

Next release

Not later than the end of next week, but hopefully sooner, I hope to have:

1. cures for one or two common causes of crashes

2. a restartable server

I have started my new job here yesterday and it is very enjoyable to be
spending a lot of time on Coda now.

Peter Braam