Coda File System

New release, Coda-6.9.3

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:23:11 -0500
Coda-6.9.3, LWP-2.4, RPC2-2.7, RVM-1.15

We haven't had a new Coda release in a while, so there are changes all
across the board.

Binary packages have been built for Fedora Core 5 and Debian stable
(both x86-only). An up-to-date Windows build should appear on ftp.coda
fairly soon as well.

Otherwise use the source which can be found at,
    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/src

Or ask, as I may just be able to find a virtual machine where I can
build for your specific OS/architecture/distribution.

Jan

Bug fixes
---------
* Avoid sprintf overflows when building tar headers for CML checkpoint
  files. (Adam Goode)
* Fix gcodacon python path. (Greg Troxel)
* When a new user is added, auth2 would fail for the first login
  attempt. (Rune)
* Several cygwin updates. (Phil Nelson)
* When creating a new volume mountpoint, flush any kernel caches of
  previously failed lookups.
* Make sure objects are at least demoted when we are unable to kill them.
* Avoid venus crash when writing to a file that is reintegrating.
* Fix "fsobj::AttachChild: not dir" failures during recovery.
* Updatefetch failed to load a recently updated file.
* Reinstate lost include for netdb.h in kerberos authentication code.
* Several SFTP improvements, make retransmission timing tighter, be more
  conservative when to retransmit.
* Newly created files and directories sometimes became inaccessible when
  reintegration happens before we sent the reply back to the kernel.

Enhancements
------------
* Add notification popups and normalize status texts for gcodacon.
  (Adam Goode)
* Various gcodacon improvements.
* Include venus-setup in Debian's coda-client package.
* Increase default reintegration time period.
* cfs forcereintegrate will retry reintegration even if we previously
  detected a conflict.
* set group id in checkpoint tar headers to nfsnobody/nogroup/65534.

Build fixes
* Update automake/autoconf stuff. (Adam Goode)
* Fix string constant to char * casts.
* Use pkg-config for lwp, rpc2 and rvm libraries.
* Build shared libraries on cygwin.
* Fix libseg link dependencies, link libseg against librvm and libseglwp
  against librvmlwp.
* Fix infinite loop when makecontext fails during the lwp configure test.
* Mark lwp's process.S assembly code as not requiring an executable stack.