Coda File System

Re: venus/mariner.cc --- last two changes ...

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:03:20 -0500
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 11:19:37AM -0800, Phil Nelson wrote:
> It looks like we have a conflict that needs to be solved:
> The following are the last two commits diffs to mariner.cc.  Solaris needs
> the signed to compile, and I suspect Linux needs the unsigned version.
> We need to come up with an approprate socklen_type that is defined
> correctly for each OS.   Does someone else want to take a stab at this
> or shall I?

typedef unsigned int socklen_t;
extern int bind __P ((int __fd, __CONST_SOCKADDR_ARG __addr, socklen_t __len));

Can we simply use socklen_t?

I can add a test to configure so that we can "typedef int socklen_t;" on
platforms that are missing that type

quick check... socklen_t seems to be defined on SYSV/POSIX systems such
as Solaris 2.7 and Linux. But it is typically an int on BSD based
platforms.