Coda File System

Coda on NetBSD 1.4.1/KAME/sparc

From: <ww_at_shadowfax.styx.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:42:45 -0400

Hello,

I have been  trying to get coda to work on  NetBSD/sparc 1.4.1 (out of
the  KAME  distribution --  it  seems the  most  stable  for IPv6  and
IPSec). I'm using coda-5.3.5 out  of the coda5_client directory in the
package tree.

1.4.1 seems to have support  for coda on certain architectures (i386),
but not on sparc. After adding  an entry for character major number 62
in sys/arch/sparc/sparc/conf.c  I can get  venus to run, but  it dumps
core fairly early on. It seems that venus disables core dumps, so I'll
probably  have to  modify it  to disable  this to  get  more debugging
information. For now, the last lines of a ktrace produce:

   215 venus    CALL  open(0x15a5a6,0x2,0)
   215 venus    NAMI  "/dev/cfs0"
   215 venus    RET   open 3
   215 venus    CALL  write(0x3,0xeffff818,0xc)
   215 venus    GIO   fd 3 wrote 12 bytes
       "\0\0\0\^Y\0\0\0\0\M-o\M^?\M-x\M^@"
   215 venus    RET   write 12/0xc
   215 venus    CALL  close(0x3)
   215 venus    RET   close 0
   215 venus    CALL  break(0x177ffc)
   215 venus    RET   break 0
   215 venus    CALL  break(0x178ffc)
   215 venus    RET   break 0
   215 venus    CALL  gettimeofday(0x1771b4,0)
   215 venus    RET   gettimeofday 0
   215 venus    PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
   215 venus    NAMI  "venus.core"

It seems  to open  /dev/cfs0 ok, but  then it mysteriously  cores some
time after doing a gettimeofday().

At first  glance, this doesn't  seem to be  a problem with  the kernel
driver,  so   I'm  wondering  if   anyone  has  seen   this  behaviour
before. I'll try digging in the coda  sources to see if I can find the
problem...

Cheers,
- -w
- --
Will Waites \________
ww_at_shadowfax.styx.org\____________________________
Idiosyntactix Ministry of Research and Development\