Coda File System

Re: Patch: FreeBSD support for Coda 5.2.20

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 02:15:54 -0500
On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 04:51:40PM +1100, Tim Robbins wrote:
> This patch against Coda 5.2.20 makes it compile on FreeBSD 5. It changes
> three things:
>   - Does not access the `struct stat' (non-)field st_qspare.

The function that accesses st_qspare wasn't used and as such doesn't
even exist in the CVS tree.

>   - scandir()'s third argument is a function that takes a non-const
>     struct dirent pointer as an argument.

I removed all uses of scandir already :), in this case it was trivially
replaced by opendir/readdir/closedir because the code wasn't even using
any of the functionality provided by scandir.

>   - Define __BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__ on FreeBSD 5 to avoid duplicate
>     definitions of int8_t, etc.
>
> All three of these changes could potentially be made into autoconf
> tests.

Cool, applied. I agree this one should be an autoconf test, but the idea
behind coda.h is that is 'should' be a drop-in replacement of the
identical header in various kernels. And those typically don't like
autoconf.