Coda File System

RE: loading coda into the kernel

From: iWat <iwatth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:24:15 +0700
I've just finished my Coda server setup, and also got the same message
as you got. So please check these steps,

- try 'startserver', if this if the first start it will take some
seconds not immediately return
- then 'echo $?' to get its exit code, this must be 0 not 1
- if it was zero, then check log file of coda in /vice/srv/
- try to fix it

Coda cannot run when gethostbyname() return 127.0.0.1 (loop back
interface) this may be the message what you get, so edit server.conf
and search for 'ipaddress' then hard code your real IP, and try
'startserver' again.

If the result of 'echo $?' is zero (0) then try createvol_rep again,
this may work.

Good luck,
Chaiwat S.

--