Coda File System

coda client works against testserver

From: Bradley C. Kuszmaul <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 21:42:22 -0400
Thanks for all the help.

My coda client is now working against the testserver.

Would be helpful to anyone if I made a binary rpm for the 2.0.30
kernel available?

Now my next step will be get a server running.
 (a) Are there any gotchas or other steps missing from the Sysadmin
     manual?
 (b) Will I be OK running a client and a server on the same machine?
 (c) Some questions that come to my mind include
       Should my /vicepa /vicepb etc partitions be formatted?
       I guess /vicepa sits on top of what looks like a unix partition?
 (d) Here are the steps that I can identify from the manual.  Is this
     a correct initial few steps for setting up the server?
      1 Use fdisk to create a bunch of partitions of various sizes.
      2 Use mkfs -t ext2 and mount /vicepa
      3 install the coda server rpm.
      4 Following the instructions in chapter 6, which include, to
        start with, making sure that all of the following are there:
         /vice /vice/{bin,backup,srv,vol,db,.hostname,.scm}
         ln -s /vice/.hostname /; ls -s /vice/.scm /
         /vice/bin files
         /vice/vol/ stuff
         /vice/db/servers stuff
         /vice/db/hosts