Coda File System

Re: coda client works against testserver

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:01:59 -0400 (EDT)
Bradley,

Congratulations!

1. Yes make the module available.  I will make a new Coda release this
week.

2. Server setup: forget completely about the manual at this stage. Read
the INSTALL file in detail and go for it!

3. You can run clients and servers on the same machine, but you'll need at
least 64MB of VM; so get enough swap.

4. /vicpa need to be ext2 filesystems (formatted) and mount points. If you
don't have spare partitions to use, use loopback mounting (see the install
file).

Again, forget about the manual.  Effectively vice-server-setup blows in
the whole thing in a few minutes time.  You can learn the tinkering later.

- peter -