Coda File System

Re: is /usr/sbin/au supposed to exist on a client?

From: Bradley C. Kuszmaul <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:56:06 -0400
   Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:15:33 -0400
   From: Joshua Raiff <Joshua_Raiff_at_olympus.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>

   > How do I get authenticated the first time so I can change my password?

   Did you create the 'user.file' and run it through initpw?
   Did you give it a key...
   ... that might be the problem.  Run initipw like:
	   initpw -k "drsuess " user.file > auth.pw (whatever the doc says).
			     ^ Note the space, this is the key auth2 ships with.

   I think auth2.pw needs to be copied into /vice/db.  This is (not well)
   documented in the "Setting up a server/On the SCM" section of the
   manual.

   Let me know how it goes,
   Josh

OK, this fixed my problem.   I was using "drseussw " since  that is
mentioned in the comments of /usr/sbin/vice-server-setup

Now I can authenticate.
-Bradley