Coda File System

Re: createvol doesn't work

From: Bradley C. Kuszmaul <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:48:31 -0400
   Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:18:44 -0400
   From: Joshua Raiff <Joshua_Raiff_at_olympus.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>

   > I tried creating a volume.   It didn't work.  Now what am I doing wrong?
   >
   > bradley_at_pepes.cs.yale.edu>/usr/sbin/createvol user.bradley pepes /vicepa
   > /ROOTVOLUME: Permission denied.
   > IBM: Command not found.
   > Badly placed ()'s.

   1) It must be run as root.
   2) From the error messages you have, I would guess that there are C-style
   comments in your shell script IE /* rather than #.

   Josh

Same errors from root.

Yes, I found multiline comments starting with "/*"

Do the CMU folk use a version of csh that accepts those comments?

Can someone provide me a working version of createvol ?

-Bradley