Coda File System

Re: Can't turn on directory permissions (was clog problems)

From: Bradley C. Kuszmaul <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 19:54:52 -0400
   From: thoth_at_purplefrog.com
   Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 12:20:43 -0400

   "Bradley C. Kuszmaul" <bradley_at_GRANITE.SYSTEMSX.CS.YALE.EDU> ,in message <19970
	   8051401.KAA01661_at_granite.comp-sci-yale>, wrote:

   > Well, I tried clog again, this time with the password on the command
   > line, and it worked OK.

     Putting passwords on the command line is just ASKING for somebody to snag
   them....

I understand.  I was simply trying all the permutations of the command
to see what was going on.

I still cannot seem to keep my ctokens.   I successfully authenticate,
but as soon as I cd to /coda or ls /coda or do anything else to the
/coda fs, my token goes away.

I have my permissions set as follows and the following wallpaper shows
the ctokens disappearing.

Again I ask:  What is going on here?

-Bradley

% cfs la /coda
         System:coda  rlidwka
      System:AnyUser  rl
% cfs la /coda/usr
         System:coda  rlidwka
      System:AnyUser  rl
% cfs la /coda/usr/bradley
%

% clog
Password:
% ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=578 : [Expires Aug  6 20:51]
% ls /coda
foo  usr
% ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=578 : [Expires Aug  6 20:51]
% ls /coda/usr
% ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=578 : Not Authenticated
% ls /coda/foo
/coda/foo
% l /coda/foo
-rw-rw-r--   1 65435    65534           0 Aug  4 13:04 /coda/foo
% l /coda/usr
total 0
%