Coda File System

Re: is it implemented?

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith_at_cuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:58:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> log based scheme is used. On Linux however, we still need a raw character
> /dev/hda (which does not use the buffer cache) before this is really

Wouldn't fdatasync() or fsync() achieve the same end result, while
allowing higher performance? You could still get some buffering in places
where you don't need things written right away, plus read buffering...

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"They don't let my code go into shipping products," Gates said. "They
 haven't done that for eight years." (at the 1997 PDC)