Coda File System

Re: Corrupt files [Re: coda-4.3.13 src: 64-bit safety problems]

From: Steven N. Hirsch <shirsch_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 07:36:15 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> I don't quite understand what is going on with the clean "by hand" and
> make xconfig stuff -- but I am extremely keen to understand this bug.
>
> Can I get more details please.
>
> - Peter -

Sure, when 'make mrproper' fails to remove the directories it thinks are
busy, I just cd into linux/include and rm -rf them manually.

Then, I run make xconfig to build the X-based tool.  Sometimes this fails
with missing files (apparently never copied).  If I move them into place,
it generally proceeds a bit further, but eventually trips over yet another
missing (or corrupted) file.

At this point, I wipe the partition and start over.

As another data point, when copying the source over with 'cp -a linux
/coda/drc/linux', I see a complaint of 'Permission denied' after each
file.  However, I'm unsure what it's complaining about, as the files are
actually (with some spurious exceptions per above) placed on the target.

Sorry I can't help you by digging through the code, but I'm great at
breaking things <g>, so hopefully can be of some help.

Steve