Coda File System

Re: PAGs for all, PAM for Coda

From: Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:25:43 -0500
Hi Peter,

	I'd strongly suggest that you consider the pure AFS model for
PAG's.  The main difference is that processes which do not have PAG's
("the zero PAG"), always reference a default user-id specific PAG.  I'd
then remove:

   - the setuid system call causes the process to continue its life in a
     new PAG, but setuid(SAVED_IDS) restores the PAG.

Sometimes you *don't* want to force a new PAG when doing a setuid.  With
the above rule about processes without PAG's using the a per-userid
specific default PAG, the need to have magic special cases for setuid()
goes away.

						- Ted