Coda File System

Re: Ubik and PTS issues

From: Kragen <kragen_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:57:35 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Brian Bartholomew wrote:
> > I think a better solution would be to use D2PC (distributed
> > two-phase commit). ...  I dont think it would be hard to build a
> > mini TP monitor to do this
>
> I've been trying to get the isis/Horus/Ensemble distributed
> simultaneous group broadcast code released as freely redistributable,
> including sending some calculated flames.  My understanding is it will
> make writing distributed transactions utterly trivial.

What does "distributed simultaneous group broadcast code" mean?  It sounds
like it means "multicast".  I assume, though, it provides some facilities
beyond simple IP multicast.

> I'm hiring one of the core developers to clean up the
> distribution, and I hope the license conditions will be improved.

Cool!  We can all benefit from your evangelism.  Maybe I can buy
something from you -- it sounds like wv.com is a software company.  :)

Kragen