Coda File System

Re: Coda client cache on a coda server.

From: Henry Pierce <hmpierce_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:49:49 -0500 (EST)
No, it isn't necessary to have a large cache.  But, alas, you cannot
setup a server without any cahce either.

While I have only expiremented with  RVM DATA files of 10MB in size on
the small side, 5MB should be ok with a small expiremental server.  As for
the RVM LOG file, 1MB should be fine as well.

Remember that the Cache is part of the Coda Model of providing high
availability both in terms of machine availability and network
availability.

regards,
henry m. pierce

Henry M. Pierce
Research Programmer
Department of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsbugh, PA

hmpierce_at_cs.cmu.edu	hmp_at_infomagic.com