Coda File System

Restarting venus without rebooting the whole machine ?

From: <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 09:12:49 -0500
Clement,

I'm very glad that you are running 2.1.90

I think there are problems with the kernel code and restarting, and I
haven't had the time to carefully find out what is happening, but my
machine often needs a kick too after Venus crashes.

I think that fuser is broken, perhaps due to the new dentry code. (as
you may have seen the Linux 2.1 code for Coda was written completely
from scratch).

Also -- and even nastier than rebooting upon crashing Venus -- my
machine (a dual PPro with SCSI) freezes between 0 and 3 times per day
and I think that Coda is the culprit.

If you have anymore information let me know, it might put me on the
right track.

- Peter -