Coda File System

Re: Small coda installation buglet

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for trying Coda!

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Alexey Goldin wrote:

> I got coda-4.4.3 rpm and recompiled for Sparc Linux.
> vice-setup dies with the following message:
>

> 18:35:52 VGetPartition Couldn't find partition /vicepa
> Error getting partition named /vicepa. Check vicetab.
> done.
> Server directory is set up!

I don't know if I would call this a bug or not.  You gave a directory to
vice-setup-srvdir that doesn't exist.  Clearly it should have clamoured in
a more clear way.

To get going: remove vicetab, mkdir /vicepa , vice-setup-srvdir

> Turns up vicetab is :
>
> spot   /vicepa   ftree   width=64,depth=3
> ^^^^^^

That's your hostname.

> while the short session on makeftree with gdb demontrated that
> makeftree expects to find spot.uchicago.edu (full name) there.

I don't think so; I think that it can't find /vicepa, that is what is
printed out above you see.