Coda File System

Re: coda questions

From: <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:25:39 -0400
thoth_at_purplefrog.com writes:

 >   Don't let my whining get you down.
 >
 > <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu> ,in message <199806031311.JAA01380_at_carissimi.coda.cs.cmu.edu
 > 	>, wrote:
 >

 > > Hello Allan,
 > >
 > > Coda is reasonably stable.
 >
 >   But is not supported on non-experimental kernels, and hasn't been optimized
 > for weakly connected servers.

It runs on 2.0 kernels although some kernel Code improvements here
would be welcome.

 >   I don't have time to experiment with the latest kernels and download all the
 > modified utilities that are required.

But Allan maybe does.  Clearly is not a canned product yet -- compare
it to Linux 0.99 and join the _development_ effort -- that's what I'm
advocating.

 >   Also, my potential application involves servers connected through an IPSEC
 > tunnel over an ISDN line and the big bad internet.

Are you taking care of adapting Coda for this, or shall we add it to
the project list?

- Peter -