Coda File System

more weirdness with my weakly connected client

From: Ben Woodard <bwoodard_at_cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:53:47 -0700
I am running, the patched version of venus that Jan gave to me this morning
and it appears to be a little dodgy. Here is what happened.

I was sitting in my dir and I just remade the project I was working on and
fixed a few compilation errors. Then venus decided to reintegrate and all
of the sudden the dir that I was in disappeared out from under me.

Kind of interesting huh?

[bwoodard_at_trill WorkArea]$ ls
ls: npadmin: Input/output error
CVSROOT/      ciscolplib/   mkfile.c      scripts/      utils/
a.out*        hpmclisten/   mkfile.c~     sddb/         webadmin/
balsvr/       jdxfer/       mkprint/      sddbtcp/
bob           lpr-secure/   npadmin-0.3/  sockxfer/
bootp/        lprxfer/      pjlf/         sudoers
cgi-scripts/  mkfile*       pradmin/      upderp/
[bwoodard_at_trill WorkArea]$ mkdir npadmin
mkdir: cannot make directory `npadmin': File exists
[bwoodard_at_trill WorkArea]$

It seems like it exists but it isn't visible.

-ben