Coda File System

Re: Coda servers and WAN links?

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:22:56 -0400 (EDT)
Venus _could_ do this with some modifications.  In fact there are plans to
implement several such "side effects" as well as a more elaborate
mechanism using a "proxy client" to actually repeat work (ask Yui-Wah Lee
(Clement) <clement+@cs.cmu.edu>) about this.

Many people have asked us about block level caching and maybe we'll do
that one day.

The primary emphasis of our project will remain on issues of stability,
performance and completion of the Windows ports first.  After that, the
world is wide open - but a lot work remains on these points.

- Peter -