Coda File System

Libstdc++ (was Re: Coda performance on PPC)

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:29:08 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> [libstdc++ 2.90 vs. threads]
> >Btw, has anyone built coda with egcs on Intel? (*bsd or linux?)
>
> The Debian coda packages are built using the c++ compiler from egcs
> (and thus libstdc++ 2.90), and I haven't noticed any problems with
> it. I don't know if the Debian libstdc++ maintainer has done any magic
> to get it more thread friendly though.

Are you sure? What does /usr/lib/libstdc++ point to? On Red Hat systems,
they include egcs, but /usr/lib/libstdc++ still points at libstdc++-2.7.2

| Troy Benjegerdes    |    troybenj_at_iastate.edu    |    hozer_at_drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.linux.org |