Coda File System

problems with auth2

From: David C. Steere <dcs_at_cse.ogi.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:31:01 -0700
Coda-ites,
  Sorry if this has been answered in the mailing list, I left my laptop with
the archive at home.

I'm having trouble getting authentication to work. After setting up the
db via the instructions in the manual, clog gives me the following error:

[12:57:29]SocketListener:
"/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/coda-4.6.5/coda-src/rpc2/sl.c", line 421:
DecodePacket(RPC2_BUSY): bad bind seqno

and this line appears in the AuthLog:
12:58:58 In PWGetKeys()
12:58:58        vid = 3034
12:58:58        vid = 3034
12:59:58 Authentication failed for "dcs" from 58.50.95.129

Note that the IP addr is backwards, which implies a host byte ordering
problem. Since we've run this stuff on intel boxes before, I imagine this
cannot be the case.

At the same time, ctokens is also failing:
 ctokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

UID=3034 :
GetLocalTokens error (0)

which I imagine means that ctokens cannot talk to venus somehow. Venus
(after turning up debugging) reports in venus.log:
[ W(15) : 0000 : 13:15:08 ] Ioctl : returns Transport endpoint is not
connected, elapsed = 0.0 msec

Finally, I thought I read that this version of coda had support for kerberos.
If so, do you have documentation on how to setup a kerberos server/getting
venus to talk with kerberos?

Thanks!

david.