Coda File System

linux/alpha

From: <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:14:48 -0500 (EST)
Mikolaj,

Unfortunately this is an enormous undertaking.  The problem is that we
need to be interoperable both at the disk level and network level with
32 bit platforms.

The first task is to get 32bit types for the Volume/Vnode etc
definitions into coda.h and compile kernel code and potemkin (under
util).  Potemkin is a Coda simulator and speaks the same language with
the kernel as Venus but mounts a directory from the disk filesystem.

Potemkin on AXP would be a great step forward.  Then lwp and rpc2 need
to be done - but those are easier.  BTW, the cutting and pasting from
ARLA may give us copyright problems.

If you start doing this keep me posted -- since you'll be making large
amounts of little changes.

- Peter -