Coda File System

Re: VLDB_Lookup: no more records in VLDB

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:38:43 +0800 (CST)

> >Azmi,
> >
> >What is the name of your user volume ?  From you VRList and VolumeList,
> >it is called "azmi", but you seem to have used the name "u.azmi"
> >in your "cfs mkm" command.  Maybe this is the problem ?
> I myself am not really sure but what I can tell is I invoked this
> command
>
> createvol_rep azmi E0000100 /vicepa
> to create the volume

In this case, the name of your volume must be "azmi".  You should use
this name when you use "cfs mkm".  (Note, however, that you should not
confuse volume name with *replicated* volume name.  For example, your
volume, when replicated, will have replicated volume names "azmi.0",
"azmi.1", etc, listed in /vice/vol/RWList and /vice/vol/VolumeList.)

-- Clement

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                              Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,    Fax: (852)-26035024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong     Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk