Coda File System

Re: Questions about authentication

From: Robert Watson <robert_at_cyrus.watson.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:05:24 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> The tickets expire every 25hours.  A PAM module could do the job - that
> shouldn't be so complicated to write (volunteers?).

FreeBSD just imported PAM support -- if everything is working, I'll write
up a PAM module over the weekend -- hopefully PAM is sufficiently PAM that
it would be portable across platforms.  As we've discussed previously on
the list, PAM is fine for clients, but not useful on servers :(.

  Robert N Watson

PGP key fingerprint: 03 01 DD 8E 15 67 48 73  25 6D 10 FC EC 68 C1 1C

Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
SafePort Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/