Coda File System

Various server problems...

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:39:53 -0500 (EST)
First I go try to make an 880M RVM data thingie (experimenting as if I
were going to make a 20G server thing). Doing it manually (since the
script wouldn't figure it out),

[root_at_atlas coda-5.0.0]# rdsinit -f /vdat/cuc-log /vdat/cuc-data 922746880
0x20000000 964689920 0x100000 80 32
rvm_initialize succeeded.
Going to initialize data file to zero, could take awhile.
done.
?  ERROR: rds_zap_heap RVM_EINTERNAL.

didn't work, so I selected the 315M size in vice-setup, so far so good,
but vice-setup-rvm should allow for a wider range of sizes...

I start the server, the thing eats up RAM out the wazoo:

983 root      11   0  252M 231M   696 R       0 13.8 92.1   0:04 codasrv

And it crashes (see attached log file and stack trace). I have 256M real +
128M swap space on the system - is that enough for a 315M RVM data file?

So, how can I help fix these problems? :)

Also, I remember way back there used to be a kernel module that would
allow open-by-inode or something, to speed codasrv up with the /vicepa
stuff. Is this still existent relevant?
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg

  • TEXT/PLAIN attachment: SrvLog