Coda File System

Re: please help

From: Peter T. Breuer <ptb_at_it.uc3m.es>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:38:28 +0100 (MET)
"A month of sundays ago thoth_at_purplefrog.com wrote:"

>   Yes there are.  RedHat 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 are all official
> distributions.  There are also distributions of Slackware, Debian, and SuSE.

Official according to themselves!  There are also plenty you haven't
mentioned.  Monkeylinux springs to mind.

>   You said `There aren't "official" distributions.' when you should have said
> `There are distributions which aren't official'.

Until I see a regulatory body, they ain't official. Maybe ISO would like to
step in?

The point being that linux is anarchic by nature.

I don't mind doing an autoconf script - I do quite a few, and I know the
battle they can be!  The trick is to rely on no properties of shell or
make whatsoever, irix be thanked.

> --
> Bob Forsman                                   thoth_at_gainesville.fl.us

Peter (ptb)