Coda File System

Re: Building (an trying) Coda 5 on FreeBSD-3.0

From: Sylvain ROUGIER <Sylvain.ROUGIER_at_act.oda.fr>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:19:02 +0100
"Robert V. Baron" wrote:

> Thank you for your observation.  Yes, only the netbsd and freebsd
> systems currently attempt to verify the kernel module and client
> programs are in sync.

> > > Again, this should work.  If the running coda client does not like the kernel
> > > module it is running with, it will complain.
> >
> > Actually (at least on Linux) it doesn't. Running userlevel coda 5 with a coda 4 kernel modules fails in strange and mysterious ways. venus would crash for no apparent reason (presumably some structure has changed).

thanks for trying to help me. Especialy to Robert V. Baron.
In a way, I am happy to see that someone else got the same probleme: I am not so stupid :-).

Anyway, we have to migrate to linux ( debian). I am not saying that linux is better than FreeBSD.
But now the guy here only know linux. So I prefere build solution with OS he have good knowledge.
Expect to see my linux/coda 5 problems soon. :-)

S.R.