Coda File System

Re: Q: Tokens; CMU's fsck; clog crash; Backup Package; Hoard walk and X

From: Linus Nordberg <linus.nordberg_at_canit.se>
Date: 12 Mar 1999 13:46:49 +0100
Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com> writes:

     Will the laptop have different IP addresses at various places?  Or
   are you running some sort of mobile IP with route optimization?  If
   not, I suspect you'll have to do some work to have the server handle
   multiple IP addresses (and changes) gracefully.

That's a point.  I think I will go for same IP addresses for now.  And
I may do something manually when moving to make the SCM ``forget''
about the other server(s) that I know is not available to avoid
unnecessary network traffic.

--linus