Coda File System

problems stoping and restarting venus on Linux

From: Troy Benjegerdes <troybenj_at_scl.ameslab.gov>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:48:09 -0600
Robert V. Baron wrote:

> I have forwarded Aurora's mail to codalist_at_telemann which is the general
> discussion/information list for more comments.

I have coda-5.0.1 (with krb5 support) on a Linux-2.2 system, and if I
run
/etc/rc.d/init.d/venus stop, the CODA modules remains loaded with 1
'use' reference, thus making it impossible to unload the module or start
another venus.

This requires a reboot to make things happy again. Needless to say, this
isn't supposed to happen..

Interestingly enough, if I use 'killall -9 venus' or
/etc/rc.d/init.d/venus hardstop it appears to be okay.

Any clues as to what's up?

--
Troy Benjegerdes		troybenj_at_scl.ameslab.gov
Scalable Computing Lab		   hozer_at_drgw.net