Coda File System

Re: FailReconnect: couldn't remove {send,recv} filter

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:11:34 -0500
jaffray_at_now.cirl.uoregon.edu said:
| I can successfully connect to testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu, and log in,
| and access files.  However, "cfs checkpointml" fails with

| VIOC_CHECKPOINTML: Invalid argument

Hi Alan,

You probably do not have a modification log at all. It is only created
when modifying things while disconnected, or weakly connected.

| More significantly, if I do "cfs disconnect" and "cfs reconnect", it
| doesn't reconnect.  After disconnecting, venus.log says

That's a bug, and you will have to remove the filters using filcon.

	filcon clear -c localhost

The cfs disconnect command inserts some filters which are not properly
removed by cfs reconnect.