Coda File System

Re: Venus crashes after mkdir on Linux

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:06:53 -0400
jakob_at_weite-welt.com said:
| But when I try to create a subdir (in the root-Volume or some other
| volumes) the "venus -init" crashes

Hi Jakob,

I think the following patch might help, Bob had a similar crash, which
was caused by an uninitialized variable, which this patch fixes.

| After having some problems with the compilation:
| Makeconf.linux: -lncurses was missing for -lreadline

Hmm, that would be -lncurses, or -ltermcap depending on what the OS
provides. Don't know how to specify that in the configure.in yet.

| lwp.c: added "typedef unsigned long register_t;"

Could test for that, but I might just as well replace all register_t
with unsigned int, they are only used on i386.

l8r,