Coda File System

Re: one problem for coda authentication

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:39:47 -0400
cytseng_at_CCCA.NCTU.edu.tw said:
| Hi, all
|   I install the coda server and client on my FreeBSD 3.1-stable
| successfully,
|   and I can server the coda server and coda client.
|   When I take advantage of "clog" to access admin's token and change
| directory
|   to /coda, the admin's token cleared automaticity.
|   I have found some msg in /usr/coda/venus.cache/venus.log.

| [ W(15) : 0000 : 13:40:32 ] userent::Connect: Authenticated bind
|   failure, uid =  0
| [ W(15) : 0000 : 13:41:05 ] userent::Connect: Authenticated bind
|   failure, uid =  1000

| 13:40:32 Could not get a valid key in GetKeysFromToken
| 13:41:03 Worker3: Unbinding RPC connection 651845693
| 13:41:05 Could not get a valid key in GetKeysFromToken
| 13:42:50 Worker2: Unbinding RPC connection 611395632

That is interesting, I've had several others report this token loss
problem, and haven't been able to reproduce it.

But this is the first time I see the `Could not get a valid key'
messages. And that is where the server cannot find a magic constant
in the token it got from the client, and rejects the connection,
which makes the client throw away the (useless) token.

Could you run `clog -test' to see whether venus messes up? Clog
then gives the token to venus, and gets it back to compare if it
is still the same.