Coda File System

Re: coda client for w98

From: Marc Schnieder <smarc_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:54:27 +0000
Jim Li wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to use windows 98 as a coda client.  Can I use the debug client
> 5.2.0 in ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/win95 ?
>
> If anyone knows of any gottya or tweaks for both win95 and win98,
> I would appreciate sharing.
>
> chears,
>
> Jim Li
> Network Services,
> Kent State University

Hi Jim,

you can use the debug client also on win98 machines, although there
might be minor differences in how the explorer behaves. In this case
just let us know and we will be happy to find the bugs.

There are sometimes problems with revalidating container files when
venus starts up. This can lead to data loss if you were working
disconnected.

It is worth playing around with the client.

cheers
marc