Coda File System

Re: Question?

From: Ch-Yuan Tseng <cytseng_at_CCCA.NCTU.edu.tw>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:00:45 +0800
On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 11:32:11AM -0300, Diego Carvalho wrote:
>  Hi,
>  I had problems compiling the Coda tar ball on a coda file system. The linker
>  used to crash with a signal 11. This problem is due to the size of the venus
>  cache. I increased the cache and the compilation goes on.
>  I got a similar problem with a client machine running with 300 MB of cache when
>  I tried to fetch (by ftp) a 400 MB file. The venus starts to loop on a cache overflow,

hi...
  I also had this problem with the venus having cache overflow.
  I guessed that the coda client transferred a file to the server, the venus
  would cache the file in the /usr/coda/venus.cache first.
  When it completed this action, the client would talk to the server and
  transfer the file. Asking a question for codings, is it what I guessed true?

  Thus you could make the size of /usr/coda/venus.cache be greater than the
  files. For me, I use 1G for the venus' cache.

--
NCTU Campus Computer Communication Association	email: cytseng_at_ccca.nctu.edu.tw
NCTU Mechanical Engineering Department(ME89)