Coda File System

Re: reintegration

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:10:41 -0400
lhotka_at_jcu.cz said:
|     cfs disconnect
|     cfs reconnect

Yes, this is a known problem, cfs disconnect puts a software filter in
the rpc2 layers, but reconnect fails to clear it.

Use 'filcon clear -c localhost' to get rid of the filter without
restarting venus.

lhotka_at_jcu.cz also said:
| NOTE: Sometimes it is even not possible to restart venus again, it
| says it cannot open /dev/cfs0 - of course, another venus is not
| running. Only reboot then helps.

That also happens if /coda is still mounted. We cannot force the kernel
to unmount when some processes still have references to files in the
/coda tree, and the kernel module doesn't allow a new venus to take
over an existing mount.

I often use 'lsof | grep /coda' to find which processes need to be
killed off, and then 'umount /coda', before starting venus.