Coda File System

Re: Venus problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:53:57 -0400
On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 10:36:41AM +0000, Claudio Di-Martino wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I recently built coda 5.2.3 on a slackware 2.2.9 kernel.
> After some fiddling to get it compiled I managed to install it and
> configure the coda server and client.

Does slackware have glibc yet? How much fiddling was necessary?

> The problem is that a couple of minutes after starting venus it
> starts using all the cpu available and all accesses to the coda
> filesystem hang...
>
> Anyone has experienced similar problems?

I haven't seen it yet, but Shafeeq tells me he has seen it once or
twice when the client crashed and went into some endless loop. Any
info at the end of either /usr/coda/etc/console or
/usr/coda/venus.cache/venus.log?

Otherwise try to strace venus (strace -p `pidof venus`) to find out
what the .... it is doing.