Coda File System

Re: Is CODA right for me?

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Juan Antonio Martinez wrote:

> On 28 Jun 1999, Soren Dayton wrote:

As long as you're not working with volumes approaching 20gig or 40gig or
so (at the moment), I think you should be ok.. coda isnt ready for large
systems yet.

> 	Any suggestions will be wellcomed. The present problem is duplicate
> the real /usr partition in server ( about 1,5Gb ) into /vicepa coda volume,
> setuid bits, owners and so in coda volume? ( ie: in coda client /usr will be
> a symlink to /coda, and the user -anonymous coda log- must see correct
> permissions in order to execute programs )

Simple way to do that is to use the 'cp -a' unix command -- get both
partitions mounted on a system (the real /usr, and the coda mounted
partition), and copy between them with that command to preserve
everything.

Unless I misunderstood your question, that should take care of it!