Coda File System

Re: Is CODA right for me?

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Juan Antonio Martinez wrote:

> On 28 Jun 1999, Soren Dayton wrote:
>
> ¿is coda the right way to any of these items? ¿has anyone did it before?

As long as you're not working with volumes approaching 20gig or 40gig or
so (at the moment), I think you should be ok.. coda isnt ready for large
systems yet.

> 	Any suggestions will be wellcomed. The present problem is duplicate
> the real /usr partition in server ( about 1,5Gb ) into /vicepa coda volume,
> in an elegant and easy-to-administer way. ¿how to preserve permissions,
> setuid bits, owners and so in coda volume? ( ie: in coda client /usr will be
> a symlink to /coda, and the user -anonymous coda log- must see correct
> permissions in order to execute programs )

Simple way to do that is to use the 'cp -a' unix command -- get both
partitions mounted on a system (the real /usr, and the coda mounted
partition), and copy between them with that command to preserve
everything.

Unless I misunderstood your question, that should take care of it!