Coda File System

Re: venus sig11 on startup (fwd)

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 03:26:58 +0200
On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 01:45:38AM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> OOps, I just checked the server on the x86 box..

<snipped weird stack trace>

This looks like you've started a binary which didn't match the source.
The functions in this trace seem to be random and not consistent.

> Other miscellaneous information:
>
> Both machines have two IP addresses, one real (external) and one aliased
> IP (192.168.*) for access my 'internal' network.
>
> I just got it to work, by changing every refernce to 'kalmia' or 'aurora'
> (the server names) to the fully qualified domain name in /vice/db on both
> servers and restarting everything.
>
> It looks like this is related to the hostname code somehow.

Does 'nslookup kalmia' on the server give anything other than the
ip-address of kalmia??

Maybe there is a problem in the updateserver and the databases on the
servers were out of sync. Are the clocks on both close to each other? I
believe that the update client/server work by comparing the modification
time of the `remote' files is against the modification time of the local
files, so when the clocks are very different the non-scm server might
not pick up the new files.