Coda File System

Re: $Home in coda

From: Bill Gribble <grib_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: 24 Jul 1999 17:35:02 -0500
> We have about 1500 users, but for testing purposes we only want to
> use coda for the $homes of some users who need network acess for
> their $homes with their own workstations. Are there any solutions
> available for doing this? For console login, it would be no problem
> to run ctoken, ask for passwort an then reexport $HOME.

I have a solution that's perhaps broken but works.

Each user's Coda password is long, random, and assigned automatically.
I use
  dd if=/dev/urandom bs=45 count=1 | uuencode temp | egrep -e '^M' >
      /usr/local/lib/coda-auth/$user

It's stored in clear text in a file called /usr/local/lib/coda-auth/$user,
which is owned by $user and is mode 600.

A cron script is run to assign tokens:

for u in `ls /usr/local/lib/coda-auth`
do
    echo "Setting token for " $u;
    fn=`echo "/usr/local/lib/coda-auth/$u" | sed -e 's/ //g'`
    su -c "clog $u < $fn" - $u;
done

That script is also run on restart of venus.

Hope this is useful.
Bill Gribble