Coda File System

RE: Error running rdsinit

From: Pete Gonzalez <gonz_at_ratloop.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:13:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> The first think I'd do is to have a close look at /proc/"pid"/mmap and find
> out if the address space used by shared libraries is colliding with with
> what you are mapping in using RVM.
>
> RVM is mapped at 0x20000000 and you need a good 500M above that to be free.

One of our guys just checked that and he says the memory region looks fine
(see attachment).  I should add that I tried it with some of the standard
scripted configurations (using vice-setup-rvm) with the following results:

	LOG SIZE		DATA SIZE		SUCCESS
	--------		---------		-------
	22			12			yes
	22			30			yes
	90			12			yes
	200			30			yes
	315			30			no

BTW we're running a Linux 2.2.9 kernel with the standard RedHat 6.0
glibc2.1 and libs (i.e. we had RedHat 5.0 and then I upgraded all the
RPM's to 6.0 manually).  If I get some time I'll try to dig through the
rdsinit source codes and find out what line is generating the error.  :-/

-Pete