Coda File System

Re: install as root.root doesn't work on BSD systems

From: Robert Forsman <thoth_at_nile.purplefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 11:40:22 -0400
Phil Nelson <phil_at_cs.wwu.edu> ,in message <199908032156.OAA02193_at_fawn.cs.wwu.ed
	u>, wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   The recent change to install as root.root doesn't work on BSD
> systems.  It should bin.bin on unpriviledged binaries.

  I remember somebody complaining about how NFS doesn't have bin-squashing, so
if anyone were able to compromise a machine and get write access to
remote:/usr, then you'd be pretty fucked.  Of course, why would you
write-export /usr?

--
Bob Forsman                                   thoth_at_gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/