Coda File System

Re: scriptable user additions/password changes?

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:10:44 +0800 (CST)

> Hi.  I'd like to be able to incorporate username, uid, password, and
> access assignments for coda users into some perl scripts that I currently
> use to make administration on my system easy (your basic adduser, deluser,
> password change kind of scripts)
>
> what is the best way to add coda users, delete coda users, change
> coda passwords, and modify the acls of volumes, by way of a perl script?

Coda version 5.2 and later use pdbtools:

add user: pdbtool (can read from file)
change coda password: cpasswd (not sure if it can read from file.  Try it!)
modify the acls of volumes: cfs (everything is specified as
                                 command-line arguments)

Just in case you don't know, there is a mini-howto on pdbtool
  http://coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/pdbtool-mini-howto.html

Also, pdbtool, cpasswd, and cfs all have man pages.

Hope this helps.

-- Clement

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                         |    Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, | Mobile: (852)-98421024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong   | Real-time Msg.: 41792200 (ICQ)
WWW: www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~clement     | Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk