Coda File System

Re: Slackware Linux

From: avenger <avenger_at_uranus.ancients.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:24:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Jan Harkes wrote:

> Interesting, I thought glibc was announced, but not yet there.

Both are correct, the slak4 dist has glibc runtime libs in the dist
directly, but not compiler libs.  However, in the contrib section there is
glibc compiler libs which can be installed.

> > Ok here's the compile error.
> >
> > make -C mlwp all;
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/root/coda/lib-src/mlwp'
> > gcc -fno-exceptions -DLWPDEBUG -O2 -g -MD -I. -I/root/coda/include -Wall  -DOLDLWP  -c lwp.c
> > lwp.c:796: parse error before `register_t'
>
> Hmm, should be defined in sys/types.h
>
> Adding 'typedef int register_t;' at line 794 should do the trick.

That worked..for that section, and it got much further.  Now I'm getting
the follwing error.

ranlib libauth2.a
gcc -fno-exceptions -Wall -O2 -g -MD   -I. -I/root/coda/include
-DCODAAUTH  -cc
gcc -fno-exceptions -Wall -O2 -g -MD   -I. -I/root/coda/include
-DCODAAUTH  -cc
gcc -fno-exceptions -Wall -O2 -g -MD   -I. -I/root/coda/include
-DCODAAUTH  -cc
In file included from avenus.c:63:
/root/coda/include/cfs/coda.h:266: field `va_atime' has incomplete type
/root/coda/include/cfs/coda.h:267: field `va_mtime' has incomplete type
/root/coda/include/cfs/coda.h:268: field `va_ctime' has incomplete type
make[2]: *** [avenus.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/coda/coda-src/auth2'
make[1]: *** [auth2] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/coda/coda-src'
make: *** [coda-src] Error 2

I tried to give you enough ontop to see whatever it's comming from..:)

> Could you grep for register_t in the include directories? Maybe it is
> defined in some other header.

When I did a grep I didn't get anything back for register_t in include and
it's sub directories.

It is probably a safe bet that it is the difference between glibc and
libc5.  Current I am not messing with glibc on this machine because I know
it'll be hours of work to changeover on this machine.  I do know that the
new dist of slak5 which is in beta should be fully glibc, and if it's the
case that all of these problems are related to that, then I will download
the new dist and test it on my other machine.

--Aaron