Coda File System

Re: Slackware Linux

From: avenger <avenger_at_uranus.ancients.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:25:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Brian Widdas wrote:

> I tried to do the same thing as you about a month ago (with Coda 5.2.7) on
> Slackware 4.0. I fixed the register_t and timespec errors, and a few other
> missing bits (you need to #define MIN and MAX macros for - I think - venus
> to compile, amongst others). The trouble is, at the end of it all, it
> doesn't work. Vice seemed to work, but venus would crash when the HDB
> daemon thread got woken up.

With the 2 changes made I was able to compile and run stuff..although I
don't know what runs just yet.  I haven't configured it and tried to
connect to it yet, I will do that later tonite.

> After an abortive attempt to install the glibc libraries in the Slackware
> contrib directory (see my other mail), I reluctantly switched to RedHat
> 6.0, and Coda has worked fine.

Actually the reason you can't install glibc in slak4 just by using pkgtool
or by following the directions is because the directions aren't complete.
There is a longer proccess required to make it work but it can be done.  I
can email that proccess as well if you would still like it..I just have to
find it first as I may be doing it myself.

--Aaron