Coda File System

Re: Slackware Linux

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:34:17 -0400
On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 10:24:41PM -0400, avenger wrote:
> How dumb of me..well sorta.  Somehow that program never got installed on
> my machine even though it's on my home machine.  After that..everything
> works and venus mounts the volume, now I guess there is more to set up
> that I need to read cuz I can't just create files in that directory.
>
> --Aaron

The default permissions on new volumes are such that unauthenticated
user only have read/lookup permissions. If the auth2 daemon is running
on the server, you should be able to get an authentication token.

$ clog -h <server> <admin-user-name>
Password: changeme
$ ctokens
...blah...
    Coda user id: ...
    Expiration time: ...
$

Normally just running 'clog' is enough, it pulls the first server it
sees in /usr/coda/etc/vstab, and uses the username of the person that
started the app.

If it fails, check if the auth2 daemon is running, and if
/vice/auth/AuthLog gives some indication that a connection was made.