Coda File System

Re: errors trying to fill my new replicated volume

From: <squeegy_at_squeegy.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:37:02 -0400 (EDT)
When you refer to a local cache, are you refering to swap or the data
partition I created for coda?

> Yes but Coda decided that the server was being sluggish, and switched to
> write-disconnected operations. So it started logging operations, and
> trickle reintegrate them back to the server. You possibly do not have a
> 232MB local cache.
>

> There is, the `dead' venus is still holding on to the kernel. And the
> mountpoint is probably still not unmounted. (umount /coda).
>
> Jan

I have killed venus and /coda is umounted but I still can't start
venus again.  I get the same error:

14:29:13 Probably another Venus is running! open(/dev/cfs0) failed
(1), exiting

Is there anyway short of rebooting to clear that error?

Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
squeegy_at_squeegy.org