Coda File System

Re: Multiple coda servers

From: Bill Carlson <wcarlson_at_vh.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:38:07 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Jan Harkes wrote:

> However, it does support multiple servers within one administrative
> cell. And volumes can be replicated across several servers.
>
> The codasrv itself doesn't care whether it is an SCM or not, the other
> daemons have to know it because of the simple replication technique of
> copying the files in /vice/db from the SCM to the other servers.
>
> Jan

Hello,

How intelligent is the replication? Suppose I spread a volume across four
coda servers, do I get a space benefit or mere redundancy of data?

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    bill-carlson_at_uiowa.edu	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|