Coda File System

Re: how to install coda-5.3.1 on linux

From: Kuniyasu SUZAKI <suzaki_at_etl.go.jp>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:37:20 +0900
Dear,

Thank you for your reply.

 >>From: lw_at_est4.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn (Liu Wei)
 >>Subject: Re: how to install coda-5.3.1 on linux
 >>
 >>Which linux version do you use? In RH 6.0, the coda file system has been
 >>supported.

Yes. I use RH 6.0.

 >>You should install "coda.o".
 >>
 >>Liu Wei

I've gotten an e-mail from Dr. Harkes and I know I can use the device
driver for version 5.2.0. Owing his effort I could set up coda on
server and client.

However I still have a stupid question.

I could not understand how to mount (export) directory. I think I
didn't understand the relation of volume and mounted directory.
Please tell me. I did as follows on the server machine. Was it wrong?

<root> createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa
<root> cfs mkm /coda/root coda:root

After that I have no idea to make relation with volume and mounted
directory. If there is helpful home page, please tell me.

					Sincerely yours,
					Kuniyasu Suzaki
					http://etl.go.jp/~suzaki